Health and Safety
Our employees are of paramount importance
The Company recognizes that the talent and energy of all its employees are its most valuable assets.
Their safety and health demands the same degree of attention and emphasis as that placed on our mainstream activity which encompasses quality, proficiency, and efficiency, environmental and financial awareness. We also recognise our responsibilities for the health and safety of others that may be affected by our activities. It is our aim to achieve a working environment, which is free of work-related accidents and ill health, and to this end we will pursue continuous improvements from year to year.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by,
- Identifying hazards in the work place, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventive and protective measures
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and work equipment
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work
- Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and the ability to perform
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate
- Promoting awareness of Health and Safety and of good practice through the effective communication of the relevant information
- Furnishing the resources needed to meet these objectives
- All employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment, which is free of accidents and ill health.